Tuesday, June 16, 2015

My First Real Exhibition

A few posts back, I mentioned that I had finally finished a painting that a started some weeks ago, and even showed a bit of the process. Just as I looked at it and called it complete, there was a call for artists to submit their work for selection to take part in a summer exhibition to be held at the Grand Hyatt Doha.

Naturally, having just finished my Koi painting, I thought it would be a good choice to submit and see if it would be selected. Quite unexpectedly, it was. Of course like any artist who's work has been selected for exhibition, I was very nervous to have my work "out there". But it is out there, hanging on a wall with other great paintings from outstanding artists who live right here in Doha.

What impressed me the most was the fact that all of the artwork was so diverse both in theme and content, and that goes to show the real diversity of cultures that live here in Qatar.

Profit from the sale of the artwork will go to the charity Room to Read which is a charity supported by Grand Hyatt. There is a nice article written in the Peninsula documenting the event.



"KOI" hanging on the wall at the exhibition



No comments:

Post a Comment